- This event has passed.
Afterschool Appreciation Week
April 25 - April 29
What is Afterschool Professionals Appreciation Week?
It is a time to recognize, appreciate and advocate for those who work with young people during out-of-school hours. Afterschool professionals deserve recognition, appreciation, and support for the work that they do to support kids, families, and communities. An estimated 10.2 million young people participate in afterschool programs each year in the U.S. and over 850,000 afterschool professionals–those who work with children and youth during out-of-school time–are part of a highly skilled and valuable profession.
Let’s recognize, appreciate, and advocate for afterschool professionals during Afterschool Professionals Appreciation Week and beyond!
Here are some easy ways to recognize our amazing FLYERS staff:
- Hand-written cards from you and/or your child
- An email to the staff member’s manager or administrator
- Fun handmade signs put up at the location of your program
- Healthy or non-food treats for the afterschool program staff
- Gift cards for a specialty coffee, teacher supply store or bookstore